2004: Elise on her blessing day; she was a great sleeper, but by 4 months, or so, when she discovered her voice, she would always wake up humming or singing. This is something Elise still does. I can probably count on one hand the times she has awakened and not been singing or directly gone to using her imagination to talk to her friends.
2005: Elise is showing some of her personality here. While everyone else was busy with a family reunion, Elise promptly helps herself to another drink, then another, then when they are all gone goes back for ice. She is very good at doing things by herself. Now with swimming lessons it is a little worrisome.
2006: Elise loved our hike on the trail in California! She wanted to walk the whole time. She still loves the outdoors.
2008: At the splash park...she stayed dry the whole time. One thing that we noticed Elise doing at this age was narrating for herself. For example: Me: "Elise come over here please!", Elise: "I'm coming!, she shouted". She still does it, only now she makes up her own words for the narration (like, she clatted (clamored and shouted together?)). Who knows, maybe she's going to compete with her favorite author, Dr. Seuss...she really has a knack for making up words and names.
2009: Elise is our very happy and fun little girl. She is very compassionate and kind to her brother, though she does know how to push his buttons and teases him very effectively. She loves pretending and of course playing outside. We are so happy to have "Little E" (Dad) ; "Ellie Kay" (Mom) our Elise.
3 comments:
I'd forgotten Elise was so little when I first met her! I loved seeing all these pictures of her growing up! It reminds me how quickly it all happens!
Happy Birthday to you Elise!
Wow! Happy Birthday Elise. I can't believe how the time flies! Addie was just baptized last Saturday and my little/big Caleb is next in line next year!
ps- it was fun to see your Mom & Larry.
Take Care.
I can't believe how fast kids grow! She is sure cute. Being so faraway it's fun to share a few moments with you guys. Five is a great age.
Post a Comment