"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break (finally getting to posting about it)

For spring break this year we were heading to my mom's house in Arkansas. At the last minute we decided to "swing" by Dallas to visit my brother and sister-in-law. While they were at work, we headed to a park near their home. Uncle Evan visited during a break he had and spun the kids until they screamed (I would've shown the video of it, but it made me dizzy to watch - it's funny though). Evan and Elise getting ready to speed around in a go-cart near their house. Jesica and Max - going just the right speed (for Max). After visiting Ev and Jes, we drove the four hours (or something like that) to Mom and Larry's house. The kids and I helped plant part of her garden. After we were done, Elise and Max spent hours digging in the sand. Someone buried a prize pretend puppy in the sand and the evening before we left, I got to head out with a flashlight to dig it up. Luckily it was found, washed and ready for our 9 hour drive back to Kansas. Mom got to come with me and spend almost a week here. As you see, she and I are trimming the bottom off of an interior door. (I worked on her garden - so - she helped with my house; seemed like a good trade.) We got a lot done, but really, it was great to have her here just to visit!

3 comments:

Beutler Family said...

glad that you had a fun and productive spring break. And that your mom came to your home for a week. What a treat. I really like the picture of Max and Elise on the swing and then with hat on. You and Nate make such a picturesque family. Miss you tons!

Jesica Eastman said...

Thanks for posting these great pictures. I love them..esp the go-cart ones. Miss you sister!

Meg said...

So fun! I love the planting in the garden pics!