"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Boston

Nate and I were able to go to Boston by ourselves for almost a week! My mom and a good friend, that the kids know as Nanna, were able to take care of Max and Elise.  They had a really fun time and Nate and I really enjoyed Boston (well, he was there on business, but we both liked the city, Boston and we had a nice time together once he was done with work). 

So during the day, I would walk, take the subway or hitch a ride from my friend, Jenn (who I grew up with and who lives in Cambridge).  Here are some things I did while there: 

Nate and I after eating at the oldest continuously working restaurant in the US.

We went to the Blue Man Group Tuesday evening - totally awesome and really, really fun!

The Freedom Tour - this is the capital and one of my tour guides.

Entrance to Harvard (don't mind the clothes, everything else was in the laundry).

House of 7 Gables in Salem, MA.

Notice the lack of a 13th floor in our hotel?

Paul Revere and the Old North Church.

This was close to our hotel; the neighborhood had lots of little unique shops that were really fun.  But I loved these buildings!

The subway lines (I really enjoyed taking the subway) Still wondering why KC has nothing like this!

2 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

looks so fun!!!

Meg said...

Awesome! Looks like you guys had a great time.