"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Back to School


So, our kids are actually in their third week of school.  But I'm finally getting to talking about it on here. 

Max is in 5th grade!!  I can hardly believe it and that he'll be in middle school next year - crazy!
This year, Max made his own sign out of Legos (I think he would want and could make just about anything out of Legos). 

Elise is homeschooling this year, which is why she is sitting at our kitchen table.  She used some of her quidgets, (that's what Leapfrog called them - not sure what they're really called) counting blocks for math; anyway, she used them for her picture. 

I never thought I'd be a homeschooling mom because I like and have worked for public schools for a combined total of nearly 5 years.  It just goes to show that you never know what you'll do when either prompted or when the need arises or both - as in this case.  So far it's going well for Elise and I and Max seems to be loving 5th grade - he's come home at least five times saying it was the best day ever!

No comments: