"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Friday, October 5, 2012

Renaissance Festival

We were asked by our friends, The Cramers, to go to the Ren Fest again.  We went with them in 2006 I think, so it's been a while.  We even saw more friends from church and sat by them for the jousting tournament.

Here are some highlights in picture form:
They had this whole wizard/magic thing going on and, being into Harry Potter, Max thought he'd give it a go (I think he was a little disappointed by the wizard).

All the "rides" are man run...how come I can't figure out how to say that...you get the idea.

Nate and Max testing their manly strength.  They did pretty good!


Joust

So...the bad guy won this tournament - it kind of felt really wrong to have the bad guy win.  But what was worse was Elise was so worried about the good guy dying (it was a little gruesome) that we had to try to find him after to show her it was a play. Sheesh! I think we need to go to more plays and musicals or something.

Elise, Max and I have done this before at Snowbird with my dad, but this was what Elise wanted to try now.

She was a little more nervous than she was two years ago.  She's was going pretty high! Luckily the man who was helping her was great and kept asking her to tell him what was over the fence since she could see over it and he couldn't.  That kept her mind off the height she was gaining.



No comments: