"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pumpkin Carving, Trick-or-Treating, and Yummy 'yucky' after school snacks

So, as usual, my hair, which was spiky like Madame Hooch's, fell as soon as I stepped outside - I did add goop and hairspray


Well...back-logging again.  But this year, Max dressed as the Green Ninja from Ninjago; Elise was a fairy named "Princess Janie" (which she came up with on her own); and I was Madame Hooch from Harry Potter (though lots of people thought I was cross-dressing and being Harry Potter - I did make sure not to have a lightning shaped scar and was wearing the teachers' patch with all four houses on it -- oh, well). 



We usually do an annual pumpkin carving with the Cramers and a few other friends; the Cramers were sick this year so we had it at our house with our neighbors and the missionaries.  I thought it was kind of funny that Teresa and I did the cleaning out of the pumpkins because it was "gross" to the men (and because they were carving them).  I wonder if that's how it works in every household?  Do the girls do the cleaning and the men the carving? Is this some throw back to primitive times when the men did the hunting and the women did the cleaning of the game and then the men cut it to serve it?  Hmmm...  Anyway, pumpkin carving as a family and with friends is always enjoyable to me.




I saw these fun worms on Pinterest and decided they'd be perfect for breakfast on Halloween.  We didn't make it for breakfast, but they made a great after school snack - or they would have if I could have gotten them out of the jar they jelled in.  But you'll see by the picture that they do indeed look pretty realistic and that they do look disgusting.  Max and the neighbor, Ben, wanted to pass, but both Teresa and I strongly encouraged them to try them.  Elise and neighbors, Josh and Luke, both came back for seconds. 



No comments: