"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

My kids have been talking about December 12, 2012 for weeks and maybe even months.  Elise, especially had been so excited to think of fun things to do today.  With all the anitcipation, I thought I'd really better plan something, so here's what we did today:

  • Breakfast - Ate 12 donuts (from Daylight Donuts of course!)




  •  Lunch - Sandwich cut up into 12 pieces, 12 carrot pieces, 12 blueberries, and 12 Cheez-its





  • Dinner - I was going to make pizza, but Max pointed out that we could just get a cheese pizza from Papa Murphy's and then make it look how we want with the pepperoni we already have.  So we called Papa Murphy's but I ended up asking them for a peppernoi pizza and asked if they could put the pepperonis around the outside to make it look like a clock.  When we picked it up, they had made hands out of pepperoni slices and the little nut holding the hands on out of a sliced olive - I was impressed.  So you see our dinner was a pizza, which looked like a clock (because it has 12 hours) and then we cut it into 12 pieces.  



  • On the 12 face cards in a deck, I wrote one thing that I love about them, for each child.
  • And lastly, our advent calendar today challenged us to go through toys to give to a homeless shelter, so I challenged them to give away at least 12 toys and 12 books.  They did great!  (and really got rid of more than 12) (sorry, though, I didn't take a picture yet).

  • So, even though I ate 4 donuts (since Nate didn't want any and, of course, we had to divide them evenly) it was a fun, "last repetative date we'll ever see"!

  •  

1 comment:

Mandy Beyeler said...

that all sounds super fun!!