"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Also on the way home...

The grandfather who really wasn't doing well, was my Grandpa Robert Gillis.  His grandmother was Addie Hill.  Because she at one time lived close to the KC area, my grandma asked if I could try to glean some more information about her.  So far, I haven't done too hot, but we do know that much of her family was buried in Holt County, MO.  Much to my excitement, I discovered that I-29, the road I take to and from I-80, runs right through Holt County.  So, I decided to stop by at the cemetery on my way home.  Unfortunately, I didn't find a single Hill in the Mound City Cemetery there, but as I was driving out of town, before the county seat, (which I plan to go back to soon), I found another cemetery.  The kids and I were so ready to head home, so we didn't stop at the second one - that will be another day.  I just had to be content with these for a start: 



My Great-Grandpa Charles Gillis (My grandpa Robert Gillis' dad) was born in 1887, in Mound City, Holt County...Hmmm - brothers? Would they be 10 years apart? 




















I better start working!  Fun, fun, fun!! 

No comments: