"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Four Thanksgivings

here's some of what's been happening
These Lego people at Crown Center.

At the beginning of November we went to Branson which is a half-way point between our house and my mom's.  We had Thanksgiving dinner with her and Larry and Brenda.
But before we left, because Nate had to stay home and work, we had lunch with him at Crown Center.
The fudge-making-man.  He's been on Food Network! I guess because he can throw the fudge in the air or something.

Ah, yes. UNO!



Waiting to watch "It's a Wonderful Life" with Grandma and Grammy.






Watching the lighting of the tree at SDC.

I slept in and woke to find these two quietly playing Uno.  What a wonderful thing!
While on this "first Thanksgiving celebration with my mom and step-dad, the three of us took a quick day trip to Bartlesville (it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive - crazy, I know!).  My brother, Jon, was performing in a choir concert and we wanted to see him in it. 
Bartlesville's Price Tower - the leaves were gorgeous.
We had to do "school work".  I wanted to go to a Civil War cave but it would have been about $36 and a little bit of a drive.  So then I thought about the Titanic Exibit, but it was going to be $64.  We decided on this awesome (free) place called the College of the Ozarks.  Each student who attends has hardly any student loans by the time they are finished because everyone takes care of the campus.  It was really fun and really neat!  (The museum did cost $6 for me, but mweh.)

One of the students showing the kids how to weave (they make things and sell them - she was making Christmas napkins).

Tee hee!  We found this arrow on one of the buildings.  We thought it was funny!

They're water mill actually works (though it's powered by electricity or something now); they sell the flour that they grind.

The arrow again.

Yum! Root beer floats at Grammy's house.

At the museum, the kids practiced Morse code.



Thanksgiving number 2

We invited a fair number of people over to our house for Thanksgiving.  It didn't work out for Thanksgiving day, but we did have another Thanksgiving with Nate's parents and Nate's brother and family on the Friday before Thanksgiving.

(I'll post a picture later)

Thanksgiving number 3

On Thanksgiving itself.  We spent the afternoon at our friends the Joneses.  They have invited us for many years, but this was the first time we'd been able to go.  They had a very full house and it was a lot of fun for all.  I really enjoyed hearing the prayer on the food.  It was truly full of thanksgiving and sincerity and was a perfect reminder of what thanksgiving is truly about.  It was also special in that everyone held hands in a gigantic link (that wasn't a circle).  Because of the way the rooms were situated we were just a gigantic link; it was nice to be connected in that way for a few minutes participating in gratitude to our Heavenly Father. 

(I'll have to post this picture later too.)

Thanksgiving number 4

Just our family.  And it was on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Eating at Five Guys

Watching the movie "Frozen" together

Trying to get everyone in THIS picture.  "Max, push the button!" He was in charge while I held the camera - I think it was a little stressful for him.

Donuts for breakfast on the ottoman because my sewing projects were on the table.

Delicious apple-brined turkey.

by candlelight

A sum of all the pictures.

No comments: