Dec. 14 - I finally finished a good birthday cake for Max, but sadly,
we were sick and had bad weather for his birthday party and had to
postpone it until after the new year. Here is the new cake:
It's a Skylander's Portal.
Dec. 16 - Elise finished a project for Quest and then presented it to many, many people with all the other children of her age. It turned out that she was pretty nervous and felt very shy. Luckily, my long-time friend Micki came over to get her warmed up and helped her to feel at ease.
 |
| With Miss Micki |
 |
| With Daddy |
 |
| Showing her work off at home. |
Dec.
18 - On Wednesdays I have four of Max's and Elise's friends come over
for our school districts early release day (they get out at 1 and 1:30
instead of 3 and 3:30). Since this was the last time we'd see them
until January, I decided to throw an impromptu Snow and Ice Party. It
was about 50 degrees outside so it really made for good outdoor
weather. I saw these ideas on Pinterest and LOVED them! The ideas
being: giant marshmallows for snowballs, blue Jello Jigglers for ice
cubes, and water for melted snow to drink. I had each team (boys vs.
girls) make a fort in the backyard (that took a while so it gave me time
to do things I needed to do inside). Then I brought out all the
snowballs and let them go at it. Eventually, I realized that it was
probably a good idea to explain fort type games like capture the flag.
Then we went at it again. It was a blast!
 |
| The snowballs. |
 |
| The boys' fort. |
 |
| The girls' fort. |


Dec. 19 - We
have some friends that my kids call Nanna and Poppi. Nanna recently
had surgery (the 26th in fact) on her foot. She was feeling a little
glum and disappointed that her house was not ready for Christmas. So we
headed over to see if we could help with some things. Max helped her
arrange her closet because she needed to be sitting and therefore
couldn't reach to put things away. Elise sat in the shower and cleaned
some of Nanna's silver (There wasn't room in the closet and I was
concerned about getting the bedding or floors dirty and she wanted to
clean it by Nanna and not upstairs in the kitchen with me - lol). I
dusted and vacuumed the upstairs. It was a nice time for all of us!
Dec. 20 - Legoland Discovery Center - Max is weighing himself in Legos and Elise is just posing in front of some workers. These are the only pictures because my batteries were dying. They had a good time and ready to go back soon, but it was enough fun to last me many, many years. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment