"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, March 16, 2014

House mishaps

Working on the house always takes more time than what you think it will. 

This past summer we were enjoying a balmy evening roasting marshmallows over our firepit.  Unfortunately we placed it too close to our vinyl siding.  Another issue with that part of the house adjoining the deck is that our dogs were puppies when we installed our dryer vent and they decided it was a good chew toy. 
Because the warped siding and chewed dryer vent were so close to each other, Nate's dad, Kerry, said that we could replace them quite easily at the same time.  Sadly, my friends and I were the ones to put up that part of the siding in the first place and did it in strips a little differently than what a professional, like Kerry would have done.  So, a job that may have only taken an hour turned into about a full day project.   He did almost all of the work and I helped just with extremely long pieces, cutting down pesky tree branches, and pulling nails out every once in a while.  Now, a week later, the back of the house looks perfect! 


Kerry and I put down this tile and grouted it (he was teaching me so that hopefully I can do the main bathroom this coming week - keep your fingers crossed for me!). 
This was the same day as Max's performance, so unfortunately, we got the grout on and rubbed it down, but probably not as cleanly as we should have.  Nate and Max were so kind as to scrub with vinegar/water after 10pm!


I was trying to get the bathroom painted before Kerry and Brenda got here to help with the flooring.  In my haste, I painted over my first beautiful coat with primer....making it so I had to get up early and paint again, and then again.

It was really pretty funny.  But I had to feign a sad face.









No comments: