"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Other, Very Random-ordered Stuff

O What a Beautiful Morning...!
 I caught this gorgeous sunrise one morning this month and was feeling blessed to witness it and grateful for it's beauty.



Helping Nana
  My friend Tracy, whom my kids call Nana, recently had foot surgery.  We went to her house to help her get it ready for when she'd have to be in bed or couching for a while.  Elise cleaned silver in the shower because she wanted to be close to Nana and Nana was in the closet with Max instructing him where to hang things or where put things away.



Snow work and play
  



 

Elise and I learning to knit
  It always intrigued me that my grandmother could sit and watch a movie and knit a sweater at the same time.  Every year for Christmas, one group of her posterity would recieve something hand-knit from her.  Some years it was the grandchildren, some the women (daughters and DIL), some the men.  For years I hoped to be able to knit from her but have never in Utah long enough to be able to do it.  So, when my friend, Sarah offered to teach us on a Friday afternoon, I jumped at the chance!
So far, I'm finding it a bit tedious, but both Elise and I are making good progress.  Elise caught on much faster than I did!
 


The love of paperdolls!
  My whole family knows I LOVE paperdolls.  Since she works for United Airlines and travels to Asia just about every month, my Aunt Julie occasionally sends fun paper-dolls from there.  Now Elise is catching the love too - and I'm so excited about it!


Teaching young women to sew
  I don't consider myself a seamstress, but it is fun to help the young women to learn to sew!







Grandparents Beyeler
   Nate's parents have been able to visit us a lot over the past couple of weeks.  Kerry is helping three of his kids design house plans and has been helping, if not doing, a TON of work on our house.  Last week while Nate and I were out of town on his business trip, Brenda homeschooled Max and Elise and Kerry did so much work on our bathroom.  I know I can never repay them, but I am truly, truly grateful to them both!





The Lego Movie - night with cousins
   We go to see The Lego Movie on opening night with Trevor and Mandy and kids!  Afterward, we went to Wendy's for Frosties - yum!







Adjective guessing game
    A homeschooling activity for Elise's composition class.  Each bag had three or four adjectives describing an object which she tried to guess.  I think it was more difficult for me to find three adjectives to describe objects well enough for them to be guessed, but it was a fun activity anyway.


 Downloading Pictures
     I'm trying to make is so I don't have to keep so many boxes of prints.  It is a much slower progress than I anticipated, (and I may eventually hire a company to do it for me) but in the meantime, it sure is fun to look at so many pictures and rekindle many good memories!


One of our Favorite Soups
    Cream of Asparagus (I guess I like taking pictures of food - I wonder what that says about me - lol!)

Making Mustaches
    We did this for a family home evening activity and snack.  We had a lot of fun; filled them with marshmallow fondant and enjoyed eating them that night and having extra for Valentine's day gifts.




Siblings 
   Just a picture coming out the library; I looked back to ask them to "hurry up" and saw this young gentleman escorting his sister across the road (and she is loving it - as you can see).   I love that they are so kind and considerate to each other (most of the time).


Valentine's Day 
    See? Another food picture.  I hope, and think, I've written this before, but my mom always made each holiday special.  Many times it was just with specially formed pancakes or other foods, so I had to make pancakes, and bacon, in the shape of hearts to keep the fun tradition going! 








No comments: