"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Monday, September 15, 2014

100 Mile Garage Sale or Fun Times with My Mother

Sept. 11, 2014 - Sept. 15, 2014

Sunday activity with Grandma Robyn:


This is the second year that I've headed down to Bartlesville to meet my mom and shop the 100 Mile Garage sale.

I wasn't planning on purchasing anything, especially not anything large, I just hoped to help Mom and Larry find things they could resell in their store.

But first, as I was driving into Dewey, I had the opportunity to pull over for a funeral procession.  It reminded me that not everyone does this anymore and that I was grateful that in my home state it still seems to be something that people remember to do (for I rarely see it happen in the Kansas City area).






I found this dresser with no drawers behind Jon's apartment dumpster.  He needed a place for his tv, so we worked on making it into an entertainment unit.  We didn't finish, but by the time I left it was ready to be painted. 





I had a Paparazzi Open House in my hotel room!  Crazy, I know! But it was fun anyway. 


 Visited Jon at the radio station.  He was on the air when I came in. 
 He got us tickets to this dinner and program.  The band playing was called "The Mid-Life Crisis Band".  It was a funny name, but they were pretty good!
 We were suppose to dress up as a hippie.  I was about the only one who did (it turned out to be very cold)!
 Ah, Woolaroc! I love this place and it's serenity and loveliness!
 After arriving back home and resting up on Sunday, Mom and I tackled all her finds from the trip.  We bedecked our hats and some sunscreen and got to work.  The tall dresser was free and the long one was $5.  We also worked on a vintage children's desk that someone had painted but that had gorgeous wood - I stripped it down to show the beauty again; and a tv stand that was $.75.  We had fun together!


No comments: