"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Monday, December 15, 2014

Goodwill Outlet

Mandy, Brenda and I took a trip to the Goodwill Outlet.  It's the place that Goodwill sends it's items that don't sell in the store, so almost everything is sold by the pound.


The clothes are $.49 a pound, housewares are $.79 a pound; earlier in the fall I went with Nate's niece, Mandy, and we found her two retro-styled kitchen chairs for a little over $2!  It's a place that it is wise to wear gloves (though I always seem to forget) and is full of surprising finds!






Yep, I got a working iron to take off veneer (so I wouldn't ruin my good iron), rugs for Elise's future bathroom, a scooter, two small lamp shades (because I had just received two lamps for Elise's room that didn't have any lamp shades), a portable music stand (the find of the day!), some burlap for a future project, a stocking for our dog, and some good clothes for the whole family. 


No comments: