October 4, 2014
This small town thing is turning out to be pretty great! In another post, I think I mentioned all the fun festivals and parades and family activities Kearney and Holt have had, so for this day, I had signed up to take a booth at the Cannonball Festival in downtown Holt.
This seriously was the BEST festival I've ever been to because of the amount of fun activities they constantly had going!
They had the booths from 10-4 in which people could browse and shop; they had a parade (where they still threw candy to the children, something they refrained from doing at other parades I'd been to recently); there was a free barrel train ride that took kids back and forth on main street; there was a pie eating contest (awesome, right?), a cake walk, a raffle, and even lawn mowing races. But what I liked best was that I could let Elise go hang out with a new friend and let them roam where they liked under the watch of locals and the resident police officer. She had a blast! (Nate and Max were helping on Trevor's and Mandy's house).
Nate on the roof of Trevor's house.
I should also mention that it was so very windy this day; so whether we were trying to hold down tents or keep balance on roofs, it was a little trying, but lots was accomplished anyway.






No comments:
Post a Comment