This week was wonderful in that we had few of our regular after-school and work responsibilities! The kids only had four days of school, most of our activities were still on hold for the holiday break, and our church activities were cancelled due to extreme temperatures. Sometimes it's just really nice to have to hole up in the house for the evening!
Monday night, Elise was in charge of Family Home Evening. She wanted to focus on the importance of physical and spiritual exercise. So we read the scriptures and then played Just Dance 4. (I think she just likes Just Dance. Max has really good rhythm though and beat all of us!) But the whole lesson and the fun time as a family was wonderful!
It seems to me that frigid temperatures make for wonderful sunrises and sunsets. I wonder if there is any meteorological truth to that...
Max and I felt so blessed to see this on the way to school early Thursday morning!

I had some errands and when I got home and was gathering them all up, these two popped into the car to enjoy some warmth for a bit.
We've been working on stripping this table this week.
My friend, Tracy, asked if I could try to paint a tree on her wall for her ancestors and progenitors. This was the result:
Max helped to make a "Torture Spin Machine" out of this box with his cousin. It was awesome!
The Sister Missionaries and I helping to paint Beyeler Hollow. #kcmissionarysplit







No comments:
Post a Comment