This is our nature loving, carefree, joyful, funny, caring, art enthusiast! And she turned 11! I can't believe how fast she has grown and am so pleased with her desire to do what is good and do what is right. I love that she loves people and wants to help them as best as she can! This, her birthday, was filled with many of the things she loves:
- People
- Nature
- Art
- Family
Summer birthdays are pretty fun because you can invite friends from near and far to celebrate with you!
She had an action packed, very full day planned and we actually got it all done!
Opened presents first thing, so that Daddy could be there before he left for work.
Our art-loving gal received so many items to spark her creative imagination.
Then we headed to Parkville, MO to hunt for a beautiful waterfall.
We had a couple of new friends join the fun: Ethan T. and The Roberts clan
Mother/daughter birthday selfie:
There were so many beautiful paths to take that I couldn't stop taking pictures. Elise just wanted to explore the beauty, which is probably a healthier outlook.
Then we were so excited for and grateful to my friend Micki for making it possible to have two of Elise old buddies meet us for lunch and mini-golf!
The three: Trinity, Elise and Tori
Then Elise really wanted to have her nails done, so she and I went to an actual nail salon and we both had a pedicure and a manicure.
It was a LOT more fun than I thought it would be but it was probably because she had such a blast! I'm mean, look at that smile!
Us in our ridiculous "shoes" since we didn't wear flipflops to the salon. I didn't even know that was what we were suppose to do. Lesson learned though! Those yellow duck shoes are a little awkward!
When we got home, the neighbors came over (kids and grandma were invited but their grandma only sent the kiddos this time) to help Elise decorate and eat her cake. She chose a t-shirt cake this year.
They each put a balloon on.
And it looked great and was delicious too!
After cake and supper, Elise and Max had play practice for the musical Shrek Jr. And what do you know but that all the other kids in the play, and adults in charge, sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She was all smiles.
(Not pictured) When play practice was over, her cousins, Emmy and Abby, spent the night.
























No comments:
Post a Comment