"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baker Bob

I took Livvy, McKenna and Max when I was tending them, to the Great Harvest Bread Co. but Elise was only 6 months old. So, I set up a tour and got friends to drive to Lawrence with me and get a tour for Elise and her-age friends. I felt this was too fun for her to miss. Baker Bob related the story of the Little Red Hen and then had all the kids plant some wheat, then harvest it, grind it, mix all the ingredients together, and then knead it and then put them in baking pans and put it in their giant oven. The bread didn't even have egg, oil or sugar! The whole day was fun, intersting and delicious!

3 comments:

Meg said...

How fun! And bread without oil, egg, or sugar-that's pretty cool!

Debora said...

I just discovered a whole new "Blog family" linked to Annie - I'll be looking every now and then- also to Jon and Evan. I love staying linked to old friends.
Annie has links to all of us.

Micki said...

Hey I see Tori in there too!