"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving...

I love the book, "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom. What an amazing woman she was, but a part of the book really stuck out in my mind and I always remember it on Thanksgiving and try to remember it at other times as well. She and her sister are in a concentration camp during WWII. The quarters were filthy and covered with fleas, yet, her sister I think it was, made sure that they thank God for the fleas. It was discovered a short time later that the guards would not inspect their cell like the others, allowing them to keep their Bible and continue reading it, because the guards did not want to be attacked by the massive amount of fleas themselves. The ten Boom sisters were able to be thankful for fleas and so many other things when they were in one of the worst places; it makes me really ponder how much I have to be grateful for. I am looking forward to a happy and gratitude filled Thanksgiving and hope you have one too. ps I'll really am very grateful on Thanksgiving for pies!! I love them! Nate and I even got 12 or 13 pie plates for wedding presents! People must know that pies are my weakness. Happy feasting. pss Max's thankful list:
  • Reed (his closest living and in age cousin)
  • toys
  • Star Wars
  • Garfield books ("they are so funny Mom!!" I knew he was awake this morning by his laughing out loud in bed reading it).
  • Sailboats
  • family
  • buildings "cause we can live in them"
Elise's thankful list:
  • Big Yellow Birds (I don't know, Big Bird?)
  • Daddy
  • Puppies
  • coughdrops that taste like candy
  • mom
  • red, orange, silver, pink and purple

1 comment:

Meg said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad you had a nice one. I love that book, too. Give everyone hugs from us!