"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

To talk about Twilight

So, I know so many people who have posted about "Twilight". I was skeptical to read the book; I mean when the only thing it says on the back is: "About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward was a vampire. Second, there was a part of him--and I don't know how dominant that part might be--that thirsted for my blood. And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him." Come on! It sounds so ridiculously cheesy!!! But I have to confess that I got sucked into not just Twilight, but the three books that followed it too. I even found the book difficult to put down - which if you know that I am not typically a big reader is a great indicator of the talent of the author. The book keeps moving constantly. However...the movie...I liked it because the book was made into a movie, but does anyone else think that it could have been written or directed a little better? It seemed that some of the scenes were incomplete. And I really thought it could have just moved faster and been a little more exciting. I came away from it content, but hoping that the person who directed or wrote the script of "Pirates of the Caribbean" or "Harry Potter" or "Lord of the Rings" would direct or screen-write the next one.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I did really enjoy the books. I was skeptical at first also, but when I started reading, I couldn't put them down. The 4th book was a little interesting... I still liked it though. I'm wondering how that will play out in a movie...