"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

One month

So, in a months time, I've discovered that I have some blog posts that I could put on. I'll do one each day until they are done. They probably won't be in any particular order; so here's today's. I'm doing it in two parts. Each week, Elise and I work on a specific letter so that we can learn how it sounds and what things start with that letter and how to write it. We have a day where we have a scavenger hunt to find all the things that start with that letter; sometimes we go on a field trip to a place that begins with the letter. We've been to a bakery, a farm, etc. I'm feeling the crunch for kindergarten and she has known the alphabet for years, but the sounds each letter makes; especially when they are paired with other letters "th", "sh"; are still confusing us, so I'm thinking of starting two letters per week until we get to "z". After that I hope to spend a week on "th" and "sh" etc. This being said, we have fun and it's really not a lot of work to do this over the course of a week. So, I thought I'd put on the menu we have with our certain letter. So, this week we are on the letter "o". We take one night of the week and make it our "Letter of the week meal!" We will be having: Oranges, Open-faced sandwiches, Olives, Oatmeal cookies, and orange juice. I posted some pictures of some of the meals we've had in the past. Give it a try! It's fun!! And the kids love it!!!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Very good ideas! Sounds like a so much fun.

chempianos said...

That's a great thing to do. Your kids are very lucky to have you as a mother (and we're grateful to have you as mother to our grandchildren!)

Mandy Beyeler said...

ok, supermom! you're making the rest of us look bad!

Jessica said...

Great Idea! We are going to have to try it... For Sure! If and when we do I'll post it for you to see... =o)

Madelyn said...

you're such a good mom, I aspire to teach food fonix (phood phonics?) as well as you, my dear!