"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Friday, January 16, 2009

Since we've been sick with strep here, I have a few posts to put on so, bear with me. 1 - I reached in the potato bag to make dinner the other day and found this. It made me smile. 2 - Elise loves tying leashes (ribbons, string, shoe laces - whatever she can find) on puppies, kittens, even her small stuffed dinosaur. She also loves to pilfer the bathroom cabinet for rags, wash clothes and hand towels so that she can wrap her baby or stuffed animals in them. As cute as that is, it is sometimes frustrating to, the day after washing them, try to get a washcloth only to find the cabinet completely empty! So, finding her poor baby wrapped in two washcloths and a holey rag, I finally decided that it needed a blanket of it's own. Elise picked out the material and the ribbon from my stash and we (I) sewed it together. Elise did help by taking my marking pins and stabbing the ribbon profusely with them (she told me that she was sewing too). Anyway, it turned out to be a lot of fun and didn't take very much time. Now, the baby has it's own blanket and so far I have a basket full of wash cloths and hand towels (my rags I have permanently placed elsewhere). 3 - I LOVE sledding, so today when it started snowing, I decided we were going no matter how cold it was. As soon as Max got home from school we went to our favorite hill by the lake near our house. It was a cold...20 degrees or so...but it was a lot of fun! At one point, Elise and I chose a new part of the hill that Uncle Jon told us was good. We went so fast, as you will see in the picture, I had to put my feet down on both sides to slow us; even though I was wearing a snow suit, powder went clear up my pants to my knees. Elise completely disappeared between my legs trying to save her face from wet snow, the looming trees coming at us very quickly and the prickly wild rose bushes (who knew they'd be there). Poor girl, that was her last ride down, but luckily she really enjoyed the ride up and the swing set on the other side of the hill, so the sledding adventure wasn't a complete waste for her. Max would have stayed there for hours if we had of let him. He would go down, race up, go down again. Even when he face planted and came up looking like Santa Claus (didn't get a picture of that) he ran up for another go. When we got home, of course, as family tradition demanded, we had hot chocolate and then we made snow ice cream. It was a very nice afternoon, unfortunately, I think I'm going to be very sore tomorrow.

5 comments:

Cody Edwards said...

Great sledding pictures! Nice potato too ... are you planning on selling it on eBay? :)

Katie said...

the sledding looks like a ton of fun. I miss you guys!

Jessica said...

Hey Krista!!!
I showed Tucker your site, and he said "That's Max's dad? He has a beard!" It's a great family picture of you guys. The kiddos are growing up. Aren't they fun! I'm so glad you blog. So cute too.
I was trying to get your silly neighbor to start... I think her daily thoughts would be hilarious! Ofcourse, I don't know that I will ever look at you leading the music the same... I will be wondering, "Is her arm tired?" Love it!

Sonja said...

I'm in love with your potato! You know, some people would sell that sucker on Ebay and probably make a killing this time of year :)

I think you were clever to sew a blanket for the doll, hopefully you will have towels when you need them.

Beutler Family said...

So sorry to hear that you all have Strep. Hope you are feeling better and soon. I admire you for taking the kids snow sledding all by yourself. Your a brave one. Bet Max and Elise have another cool memory. And cool potato!