"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Friday, March 27, 2009

Demolition Day

So, if you remember that I took out the yucky flooring in my kitchen last fall only to find lots of nasty asbestos tile AND that we took off one part of our counter-top that was 3 feet long and added another 3 feet of cupboards, leaving us with 6 wonderful feet of "counter-space", but no new counter, (breathe!) you may understand why we are taking our kitchen apart:
  1. We would like new flooring - I'd say we even probably are pretty close to needing new flooring
  2. We need new counter-top to cover the extra three feet of counter-space added, but the old counter-top is who-know-how-old and a match cannot be found
  3. So, if we get a new counter-top, our scuffed up, nicked and scratched sink would look out of place
  4. And if we get a new sink, the current faucet, which does the old spray-you-when-you-turn-it-on trick, will be needed
  5. AND if we do all that, we need to paint the walls and the old and new cabinetStuff on the table because, well, there is nowhere else to put it.Nate working on electric for our fridge
As you see this has become a very large project. But it will be very worth it!!Nate's dad also working on electric so we can move the fridge from one corner to the other Sink and dishwasher out! Yeah!!...until next weekend...not so yeah. But who doesn't love paper plates?

6 comments:

gilchrist said...

All I can say is WOW!!! I am so jeaulous of your 6 ft of counter space.

Katie said...

ditto on being jealous! Its going to be great.

Robyn Anderson said...

it is looking like things are going well. Glad it is getting done. Good luck and paper plates are great! Also loved the photos of the dogs and the Zoo report.

Beutler Family said...

That is so cool. I am a fan of getting it all done at one time. I'm sure Dad and Nate have been working like mad on it. Make sure to post when it is all done. And make sure to do it so that you'll love it. If you want something else done kitchen-wise, I'd say now is the time to sweetly demand it. Hee hee (and this coming from someone who dreams of owning a house someday). Good luck!

The Sanders Family said...

I feel for ya. Life is so much easier when things are where they belong and all put together. I'm living like you right now, can't find anything from our move.

Meg said...

Whew! What a job that's going to be! I'll be thinking of you guys and hope all goes well and quickly and easier than you think.