"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Mom B's enchiladas
Nate's family loves his mother, Brenda's, enchiladas! We have been married for 9 years and I have only attempted them once under her supervision. I've been wanting to have them though, for a couple of weeks and finally decided that today was a good day to try it again. So, I called Abi (Nate's sister (his parent's are now on a mission)) and asked if she had the recipe. She gave a very good description on how to do it (Thanks, Abi!!) and to my delight, they turned out great!!
Truth be told, the sauce didn't look quite right but for my first time without Brenda's help, it was "quite satisfactory".
I guess I was on a rare, once in a month, cooking and baking spree because I also made Bumbleberry-Lemon Upsidedown cake. That was good too....and it's gonna be for breakfast tomorrow; how's that for healthy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That all sounds so YUMMY!!! Can I have some?
My motto is, "if it tastes good, it's healthy"
We love enchiladas too, it's one of our weekly meals...well until we get sick of them. It sounds like your M-I-L's recipe is a prized possesion though, I don't know that mine is that special.
Happy cooking!
Sounds terrific - any chance you could send me the recipe? I'll trade for a crock pot Italian thing that is really terrific.
Yeah! I'm so glad that the enchiladas worked out. Hope Nate's B-day was fun. Love, Abi
Post a Comment