"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Friday, July 24, 2009

Jury Duty 2 and a much needed last minute trip

So, I finished with jury duty yesterday. All I have to say is that you could never pay me enough money to be an attorney, or a judge for that matter!! Seems like way to much work and stress for a whole week at a time if not more and then it could end in a hung jury and you have to do it all over again with in 90 days! 'Tis what happened with the jury I was on. 9 thought the person was guilty, 3 were undecided! Anyway, it's over for me and I don't "get" to be on jury duty for over a year. Now I'm packing the car to visit my younger brother, Evan and his wife Jesica. On the way, I'm gonna stop off and see my friends Jason and Katie. So, it will be fun. Unfortunately, Nate is on the high adventure and also has to work next week, so it's just me and the kids. But we'll have fun seeing our "cousins" David, Nathan and Jeffrey, who the kids have been asking about for the last two weeks; AND the kids are really looking forward to fun Aunt Jes with her ability to listen to very lengthy conversations about pretend puppies and flowers with fairies (Elise) and (for Max) some sort of promise of seeing new and improved Star Wars characters that Uncle Evan has had stashed away for years. We'll be off in the morning (hopefully).

3 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

Have a fun trip!!

Beutler Family said...

Drive safe! Take lots of pictures! Update your blog when you get back.

Sonja said...

So far, I've been lucky and have not had jury duty (knock on wood).