"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Thursday, July 2, 2009

A slew of them....

I have a lot to post, so here it goes: The fairies in our backyard Father's Day New Flooring Lego display vs. water fountain Sunrise, Sunset - separate blog post (ran out of time) Elise's Birthday - separate blog post ( " ") Our little vacation - separate blog post ( " ") * THE FAIRIES IN OUR BACKYARD * I have caught a lot of fireflies in my lifetime and took the kids out recently to have "the experience". Just like any fairy you'd like to catch, they were pretty elusive; I guess the kids need to practice catching them more often or be older, I was the only one to catch one. After the kids went to bed, I went out and captured one to keep - but this one was caught with my camera....I always did think they were really fairies. * FATHER'S DAY * Nate had to be gone for a lot of Father's Day, so the kids and I made a fun little banner for him; the kids drew, or had me draw, things that remind them of him. Notice the kids waiting out at the fence for Nate to come home. Elise drew Nate a moon with stars and a cloud because "Dad always sings I see the moon, the moon sees me!!" She also drew a tic tac toe board with Nate winning instead of her, very considerate. Max fixed Nate's lego x-wing fighter which had been in about 9 pieces, maybe more...I don't know, because I'm not sure how to put an x-wing together and all I ever built out of legos were boxes or houses, which, as you know, is just a box with a triangular top. But he figured it out and presented it to Nate when he got home. * NEW FLOORING * We were able to get some new flooring with tax return money and have had it since February. Nate was suppose to have gone to scout camp after parental volunteers to do that (thank you parents of youth!!) he still had two days off, and we were able to work hard to get the flooring done. So, here are some pictures of us putting in our flooring: * LEGO DISPLAY AND PLAY AREA VS. RUN-THROUGH WATER FOUNTAINS * Lego Display vs. Water Fountain LD: Very neat to see WF: Very fun to play in LD: Fun to play with legos but there were not enough for all the kids WF: It was a really hot day so the water was fantastic LD: Takes 2 minutes to walk through, then about 5 -10 to play with the legos (because of the line of other kids wanting to play next) WF: Could have played all day probably or at least for hours LD: Mmmm WF: Had a waterworks (like fireworks only with water) display with music While the legos was very neat, and the talent of the artist was amazing, I think the water fountain won!

No comments: