"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Friday, October 16, 2009

Magic Broom?

Anyone heard about the autumnal or spring equinox? Supposedly you can stand a broom up and it won't fall down, stand an egg on its small end, etc. I never knew about it but my mom called the other day and asked me to try to stand my broom up in the middle of a room. So, I gave it a try and it worked. I checked google to try to see why this happens at certain times of year, but didn't get much other than people thinking it was a hoax. Someone did mention something about gravitational pull being a little different because the sun placement...pulling of the moons gravity...something about physics...I don't know. Whatever the reason, we had some fun with the kids and our broom was still standing this morning until the breakfast hubbub required me to move it out of the way.

7 comments:

Christian said...

Whoa! Interesting.

gilchrist said...

that's cool.

Bagelman said...

That is AWESOME!! I wish I would have known about it we would have tried the egg. I'm glad you humored your mother's idea, now we know that it's not just a hoax.
Next year call me so I can try it. hee hee hee!

Bagelman said...

"Bagelman" is my husbands blog and I forgot I am signed in under that, sorry. The comment above is me, Tanya.

The Sanders Family said...

Halloween is on it's way, I guess your house got it's haunting early. Fun stuff.

Robyn Anderson said...

I am glad you tried it too. Our broom fell down today after being up since Tuesday. It was kind of fun and I hope we remember to try it next year. It was fun.

Beutler Family said...

nifty. so glad you got a pic. it's almost scary.