
I'm finally getting to blog about Max's baptism. Here it is:
Max was baptized on Saturday the 12th. It was a very nice occasion and we had so many friends and family members there. Max chose what songs were going to be sung:
Baptism and
My Heavenly Father Loves Me; the speakers, music conductor, prayer, witnesses, and who would baptize him. It was really fun to see him get excited about who would be participating in his baptismal ceremony.
Max's uncle Trevor, gave him homework, which "homework" really alarmed Max, but once he realized that it was stuff he could do and even if he made a mistake he could fix it, he was okay with the homework.
The water was pretty cold, but Nate, after coaxing and helping Max down the steps into the baptismal font, was able to go ahead with the baptism. Max was shivering, but happy, when he emerged; he winked and gave a thumbs up.
When asked how he felt about being able to have the Holy Ghost with him, Max said: "Warm and like ten quarters!" (I supposed that was a lot of money to him and it is a very great feeling to be so rich!)
You know, he is very much into Pokemon right now, and it's my understanding that when they pass certain trials they can evolve into a different Pokemon. So, it wasn't surprising that Max, when being talked to by a counselor in our bishopric, about growing, taking the Sacrament, and being able to become better, even after doing something wrong, that Max said: "So, it's like we're evolving..." After being taken aback, the counselor, said, "well, it is something like that" and then explained the topic some more.
"We're grateful that Max has taken this step in his life and look forward to his spiritual development." - Nate Beyeler -

These pictures are of Max with his white vest (out of my wedding dress) and his own set of scriptures.
4 comments:
He is so intelligent and perseptive. Max we're so proud of you! Love you!
I LOVE that Max's vest is out of your wedding dress. What a fabulous idea! Is there enough for Elise's dress in a few years? I think I'm going to have to do that w/ mine (I just hope there's enough). I was wondering what I should do with it!
Wow, I can't believe he's so grown up--you guys must be really proud. Congratulations, Max!
It sounds like he was very prepared. Congrats! I never thought to relate pokemon like that. He's a smart boy.
Post a Comment