"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, December 6, 2009

8 is GREAT!

Max turned 8 today. He's wanting to get baptized into our church this coming Saturday and today fasted for the first time. At church today, he bore his testimony about fasting and about fast offerings (or the money he could have used to purchase two meals which is given to help care for those in need). Max still likes Toy Story, Star Wars, legos and has added Transformers, Pokemon, Bakugan, and TMNTurtles to his list. He is very much into telling jokes (thanks Dad for not sending more of them) and loves Garfield, Far Side, and Captain Underpants. Seems like 6 years old isn't too old and 7 isn't too bad either, but 8...it's great, but I'm thinking, "Wow! I have an eight year old!" - it seems pretty old, like we've passed a critical point in life, the pressure's on and hope that we've done as much as we could with him that was right. We love our Max, Happy Birthday! Once again, I cannot put pictures of Max on from his birth since we didn't get a digital camera until 2004. I do have a scanner now, but still have to figure out how to use it. Age 3: Age 4: Age 5: Age 6: Age 7: Age 8:

3 comments:

nwb said...

Max - you are a great boy and I am proud of you! Love, Dad

Beutler Family said...

8 does seem like a major milestone in parenthood. luckily, you and nate excell at it. Much love to you all. Abigail

Meg said...

He's so handsome. Congratulations on your baptism, Max! We love you!