"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Max's B-day party

Max had a Transformer birthday party today. On the agenda: Hide and seek, which was dividing the boys into two teams and have them find either Decepticon symbols or Autobot symbols; Memory: match the transformer with it's transformed self; And then, while waiting for the cake (which Nate was picking up half-way through the party at the grocery store), we played an impromptu game of find the hidden transformer. It turned out to be pretty fun and aside from the beautiful cake I made, it wasn't too stressful. His actual birthday is tomorrow, so we'll have more on him then. This is the cake I made...Nate thought it kind of looked like an amoeba, so it's too bad Max didn't have a biology- or science experiment-themed birthday party. This is the cake we bought from the store and fixed with our theme: scraped the pink, yellow, and light blue frosting off, "drew" the autobot symbol on with gray-blue and red frosting, and covered our scraped off section with the red frosting (from a tube). Max and Elise's cousins, Reed and Emmy, came over to spend the night and I'm so glad that they did. All four kids helped so much in decorating for the party. It made the whole day go much smoother than it could have. So, Happy early Birthday to Max!

2 comments:

Annie said...

What happened to that 1st cake?? I'm still laughing - looks like something I'd do!

Krista said...

Annie, all I can say is that I don't know. I've had this happen before and thought that it was happening because the cake was still warm, so I baked the cake the day before and thought it'd be better. It just became crumbs. Then Nate suggested to warm up the frosting, but it was pretty well melted and so I just dumped it onto the cake and there it was, kind of blob-like. It is pretty funny, but it tastes great!