I'm a little behind, but we headed to Branson a few weeks back to visit my Grandpa Eastman. It's not every year that I get to see him twice, so when I found out that he was going to be there for his WWII Squadron Reunion, I pulled the kids out of school and headed down to see him.
It turned out to be a little reunion with my Aunt Julie, who came out with Grandpa, my Uncle Scott, his wife Helen and his son Colton (who was only Elise's age the last time I saw him). Then my brother Jon was there as well - so it turned into quite a group.
A big thanks to Nate's parents who let us use their house there, which turned out really great because there wasn't much room in my Grandpa's hotel room for all of us.
It was a very, very short trip, but I loved getting to know my aunts, uncle and cousin and my grandpa just a little more...Max and Elise had a blast too.
 |
| Great-grandpa Eastman with his pet mouse (a handkerchief). Max is getting ready to pet it which will make it run from Grandpa's hands and the kids will burst out laughing. |
 |
| While in Branson, we went to a fishery for Trout. L-R: Grandpa Eastman, Krista, Aunt Julie, Uncle Scott, Cousin Colton (he is much taller than the last time I saw him) with Elise and Max in front. |
 |
| The turtle who lived: I ran over him with the lawn mower. |
 |
| The kids playing at the hands-on display at the Fish Hatchery |
No comments:
Post a Comment