"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Tree and Christmas Tree

I found this idea in the Preschooler's Busy Book by Trish Kuffner (love this book and the toddler one I have somewhere):  you just draw a tree on something sturdy, then each leaf represents something that you and your family are grateful for.  So, we did it for November.  We had high hopes of doing one leaf, each, for each day of the month.  It didn't happen quite that often, but our tree was filled by Nov. 30th.  When I can figure out how to put pictures onto this computer, I will show the tree we made along with some things that we all wrote. 

Tonight we put up our Christmas Tree.  We have had the tradition of watching Muppet Christmas Carol while putting up the tree (I think we've done it for 8 years).  Cheesy you may think, but the guy who plays Scrooge (can't remember his name - oh, Michael Caine) is the best Scrooge I've ever seen.  It was a lot of fun.  Max and Elise have been fun in years past putting up the tree, but we had an especially enjoyable time tonight with it.  So, again, pictures will have to come later.  

2 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

cute blog background!

Meg said...

I love hearing about your family traditions. Good idea with the Christmas Tree and Muppet Christmas Carol is a classic!