| Beautiful jewelry chest |
I have a wonderful jewelry chest that is quite beautiful in my opinion; but I've noticed that it hasn't been working so well because of all the bulky necklaces I've recently acquired. So, after seeing others make some of these necklace holders, I decided to give it a go.
| Sadly, it is over-stuffed! This is with a few necklaces on | my side table and a whole bunch on my dresser. |
I then purchased some scrapbook paper with colors that fit my bedroom, at $.50 a piece (using six pieces).
For weeks I tried to figure out how to hang such a heavy piece of wood and finally figured it would be cool to cut it into three even pieces, making it much lighter. (sorry no pics of before and after).
Initially I spray painted the sides silver because I thought I'd just cover the top.
Elise was my helper. She turned out to be very good at Mod Podge (it was a little messy, but we had fun). She also helped hold the paper up while I smoothed it into place too.
Then I decided where the knobs would go and discovered I needed more knobs.
Back at the Re-store, they only had gold knobs left, so I bought them anyway and then spent another three and a half dollars on antique bronze spray paint. I put the knobs on their screws and stuck them in Styrofoam, sprayed them, then turned them over and sprayed them again.
Took the drill and made wholes for each screw and put the knobs on.
Then I turned it over, measured where I'd put the picture hanger thingy and hammered it in.
Hung it on the wall (which took the longest time to get it even and level).
Then hung my necklaces.
2 comments:
I just LOVE this!! I'm going to start working on my own as soon as I can. I bet my mom would really like this too! Woot! Birthday present taken care of!
Michael made one like that! we even went to the restore! i am loving mine! yours is so cute, i love the paper.
Post a Comment