"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Out on the town

You may not know that we are, by choice, down to one car.  This takes a little more organization than I am use to and some creative thinking.  This past Wednesday, I arranged to meet my sis-in-law, Mandy, in KC, MO so the cousins could play.  Since Nate works just a walk away from where we were going to meet, I thought it was silly to drive him to work at 7ish then go home, then come back to meet everyone at 10:30.  Then, do I drive home after we're done (around 2) then go back home and then head back to pick Nate up?  No, too much driving and gas, right?  Luckily, there is much to do in KC that is free.
Now to tackle the early morning - most of the stuff that's free opens a lot later than 7.  Luckily the car was in need of an oil change, so that was the first on the agenda. Then breakfast at a fabulous do-nut shop.
The kids and I went to Crown Center, Kaleidescope, played in the water fountains at Crown Center, went to the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum and played at a park.  It was a full day and we were pretty tuckered out by the time we picked up Nate, but it was fun!

(I have more pictures from our day out, but I'm having technical difficulties.)




We each took a picture by our favorite scum at the art museum (not sure what it is really, the kids didn't really want to read about it - it was too cool and fun looking).  My pic is kind of blurry, sorry.



Lego version of the art museum.

4 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

fun! great idea to hit the museum in the afternoon - -

Debora said...

I was in Bartlesville yesterday and saw Jon at church. He looks great!

Robyn Anderson said...

It looks like you all had a great time. Fun Fun.

Chempianos said...

That scum is officially known as "plastic drool." Seriously!