| We hosted our second Easter Egg Hunt. Last year we were able to have it outdoors, but this year we held it at our church building. It was a little more chaotic, but I think it turned out pretty good. |
Because of time restraints, I gave Max and Elise the choice to have a pinata or Angry Bird eggs. Of course they chose the Angry Birds. I saw confetti eggs at WalMart and then saw that someone had painted their hardboiled eggs as Angry Birds on Pinterest, so I thought I could combine the ideas, get some sling shots and draw a pig to blast with the eggs. Unfortunately, when I got to WalMart to get the confetti eggs they were all sold out (five of the WalMarts I called were sold out - so maybe others had the idea too).
I decided I could spray paint the eggs - red, yellow and blue then draw the faces on them, blow the egg out and put confetti in. Well, after spraying the eggs and having Max help draw the faces (all of which was the easy part), I blew out one egg and put the confetti in and decided it was way too much trouble.
Since I had basically told the kids we'd do this and it wasn't working, I took the dilemma to my husband who suggested that we just use plastic eggs with candy in them. Like a whole bunch of tiny pinatas! Brilliant! I should have talked with him in the first place!
It turned out so great! And though I don't have very many good pictures, I was happy that the kiddos had such a great time!
| This was by far, the most exciting game! It was a mess, but the kids wanted to pick up candy - they probably wouldn't have been as helpful with confetti! |
No comments:
Post a Comment