"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Elise's Birthday Party


Elise chose rainbows as her theme back in December.  It turned out to be a great theme for a little girl turning 8 years old.  There is a children's song at church called "When I Am Baptized".  The first verse goes like this:
I like to look for Rainbows, whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can
And live with God again!
 
Not only was it a nice theme for that reason, but it was FUN to put together!  Of course Pinterest had all sorts of great ideas for rainbow themed birthday parties, so I took a few ideas from there.
 
Because she has a summer birthday and we have been having extreme temperatures, we also made it a water party (and of course when the sun shone through the sprinkle all the gals saw a rainbow or two).  

I found this great idea for party favors here
Here is what Elise's looked like: 
 
I saw this idea and loved it, but when I posed the idea to my brother, Jon, who was helping, he thought the water would be too heavy to support the balloons - I think he was right, so we just had a water balloon fight instead.  It still looks fun though - I just can't figure out how the balloons didn't weigh down the string.

Max had had a lego party for his birthday this past year and I made a lego pinata which you can see here, so I thought I'd make one for Elise and found this.  But time ran short and, though I didn't find a rainbow shaped pinata, I scored at WalMart on a rainbow colored, present-shaped one - it was on sale for a little under $10 and I thought it was worth my time.

Elise had many good friends who came to celebrate with her and some of their parents stayed and helped me to keep the party going smoothly. 
 
The Party Girls

Playing "Drip, drip, SPLASH" - like "duck, duck, goose" only with water

Water balloon fight!

They played something like "red light, green light", only with the sprinkler.  Each time the water stopped and someone kept moving, they were out. (hint: it's more effective and immediate to kink the hose than turn off the water at the spigot)
Elise at the pinata

Elise REALLY wanted the rainbow colored fruits and veggies (are there veggies that are blue and purple?)



 
 



1 comment:

Annie said...

Looks like a fun party! Good job!