"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, February 23, 2014

back logging a bit.

With all the below 0 temperatures we had this year, we tried to see if our bubbles would freeze as we blew them.  It didn't work as far as I could tell, but our dog Digory loved to catch the bubbles, so that, and the fact that bubbles are just fun anyway, made it worth while.  


Of course, we had to play in snow forts. 



And we made snow ice cream, but my friend Svenja had the great idea to make snowcones!  I honestly can say that I never thought of doing that.  She had made this delicious raspberry syrup - so it was probably a little more healthy than my cups-of-white-sugar-and-evaporated-milk-snow-ice-cream! 


Max and Ben making vinegar and baking soda explode in the sink.



Those two using modern technology to make stop-motion videos.


Elise eating lunch and doing school work so she can finish faster.


Sometimes when we head to Leavenworth to meet with all the other homeschooling students for P.E. and other instruction, we eat at Daylight Donuts.  There isn't one close enough to us, so it's always a special treat!!


These pictures are blurry, but Elise is racing Max's team in P.E.  They are both teaming up with Ben and Maya; we usually meet with them twice a week - Fun Friday's being one of those times. 


Max, racing Elise's team in P.E. 


Elise and Max are still in Quest.  I do get to go on field trips with her (but not with Max).  She was learning about physics on this field trip.  I was in charge of one of the stations (even though I didn't know hardly anything about it - lots of quick reading to figure out what I was suppose to do!)  It was a lot of fun!


Making peanut butter and Nutella cookies.


No comments: