"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -
Sunday, February 9, 2014
Max's birthday Party
Max's birthday is in December but between the snow, some minor illnesses, and the Christmas holidays, we held his party in January.
You may remember that he had a little fiasco with his original birthday cake and then I made a new cake for him about a week later. But I had the opportunity to make another one for his party - and this time I tried out fondant! I'm not really a big fan of fondant because I think it tastes pretty yucky, but this fondant was made out of marshmallows so it was at least sweet.
Max couldn't pin point what he wanted on his birthday cake so I just made it a compilation of three of his favorite things right now: Skylanders, Harry Potter, and Lego Hero Factory.
We played minute-to-win-it games (cookie face and sucking through a straw to move one M&M from one bowl to another) and some group-themed games that I played on double dates (the paper bag game and the one where each person has a balloon tied to his ankle and the opposing team tries to pop it). This was with nine 11-14 year old boys! It was pretty chaotic!
Since there was an odd number of boys, we had one of them rotate from one team to the other, but with this game that wouldn't work. So...I joined one of the teams. This is me attempting to grab the bag with my teeth. I can only say two things about it - 1. yoga 2. dislocated shoulder; I'm not a teenager anymore (I discovered this again about two weeks ago when I tried to jump off my front step, racing to the car...for no reason...just racing because I was in a good mood..and it was really cold).
But this is about Max and his party, so, anyway, he had a really great time and I think most of the kids did too. He did come up after the party and tell me that he thought from now on he'd like to only invite "maybe four friends instead of eight?" Whew! Thank goodness!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment