"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Family House Work

We've been working on our house a lot lately...A LOT!  So, here's some fun pictures of that:
(ps - I might be repeating myself on some of these)
(pss - this is in no particular order)

Our master bedroom finally, nearly put together. Just waiting on one wall and an armoire.

Tore out this loveliness.
Nate's Dad, Kerry, teaching me how to put in tile.

Nate's dad, Nate, Scott Likes, Kim Jones, and Max.

Nate and Kerry putting on the knee pads - a must!


Look at these amazing men and the built-ins they made!!

LOVE IT!

Next bathroom. Since we now have a working bathroom in our master bedroom, it was time to put tile in the main bathroom.  And I know that the linoleum looks nice in the picture, but believe me, when you find mushrooms growing out of it, it's time to get something new!



Awh, beautiful hardwood floors...but to tile we go.
 While I was inside working, I put the kids to work on this armoire (or wardrobe - as Elise wants to call it because "it would be so cool to have in my room, you know, like "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"?  Max could be the lion, you could be the witch and I could have the wardrobe."
....yeah, so I'm not sure how I feel about that comment...still, they were a great help and the wardrobe still goes in our master bedroom to replace the closet we took out to make the bathroom bigger. Sorry, Ellie Kay! 



There are no non-blurry pictures of me cutting tile. Just sayin'.

And Nate didn't want a picture of him laying the tile. But here's a picture of his manly arm.




The closet opening - it never did have doors so it's sooooo wonderful that now it doesn't even look like it was ever there!  *squeak* so happy!


We are almost done.  And we are all so excited to almost have two working bathrooms again.  After four years with just one working, it's just about like Christmas!

2 comments:

Kim said...

That's a lot of work. And it looks great

Krista said...

Thanks Kim!