So instead our spring break was filled with lots of work but also wonderful weather for hikes, swimming (indoors - it wasn't that warm), and not one, but two visits to the Kansas City Temple!
And also, faux pas making bread.
But in the end it tasted delicious!
We took a hike through some tunnels under I-70 and I-435 and ended up at this beautiful pond!
Then went to the Kansas River to find fossils, arrowheads, lots of dead fish, birds, and lots of shale...
To take home and make our own chalkboards.
Elise's long-time friend, Trinity had her 10th birthday party. The four girls in the largest picture have been friends since library reading group around ages two and three (Elise, Kennedy, Trinity, Tori). Max and I got to tag along at this party and had the opportunity to swim in the nice Turner pool.
One of the most important thing that we got to do over spring break was take Max to the temple for the first time. He even was able to help out with some Gillis family names!
Our youth group went the next day too, so he got to visit twice in one week!
It is a great blessing to be so close to a temple and I am grateful for the peace I find each time I visit!



.jpg)






No comments:
Post a Comment