"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Week of April 21-26

Four of our five tulips.  I had hoped that they would stay outside to beautify that area, but someone decided that she wanted to pick them.  They do look nice in the glass cup.
Elise helping me to figure out how to use this flower frog.

Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue-Bonnet
 Ah, rainbows
 Now, we get to play the game that Max and Elise wanted to play with Matt and Briana!  Munchkin
 Raking and raking.

 Can you see the duck in the cage with the "beware of the dog" sign?  LOL!
 The dandelions are so plentiful this year - I've never seen so many!  I pointed out to Elise that they sure looked pretty against the green grass and that it was too bad that they are a weed.  To which she replied: "It doesn't have to be a weed, Mom; I like them and they're beautiful and fun to play with!"  Reflecting on that, I stopped to take a picture of some in the median on the road near our house.  They are indeed beautiful...and fun to play with.

 For our field trip this month, we went to the Coterie Theater to watch the production of Schoolhouse Rock.  The 5 actor/singers did wonderfully and it was very fun to see!
 Crown Center had a Wizard of Oz exhibit.  This is really for younger kids, but Max, Elise and their friends, Maya and Ben had a good time anyway. 



 We met with my friend Tina and her kids at Mr. Goodcents.  Tasty!

Later we went to Parkville, MO. to sit with Mark Twain...
 And play miniature golf.

 Elise with her "Easter" hat (a week late). 
 Actually cooling a pie in the window - and nobody stole it!

No comments: