We have some neighbors who have 5 or 6 trees weighed down with apples. They told me that they aren't going to use them this year, so in spite of previously talking with Nate indicating that I wouldn't can anything until we were in our new house, I decided that with the help of my SIL and her mom, Mandy and Kim, that I would indeed can some applesauce.
We made 22 quarts to date - and so far it is pretty tasty.
For one FHE, we played football with the other Beyelers.
And I finally got my dream bike fixed! When I was growing up, my Grandparents Gillis would come and visit about one time each year and just about every time my grandpa would take us out onto the town's scenic walking/biking trail called The Pathfinder. He'd always ride my dad's brown 1969 Collegiate Schwinn. Because I love that time with him, and because I love him, I've always wished to have one. Two years ago (I posted about it) I found a green one on Craigslist but the tires were shot and the chain pretty much ruined and I didn't trust the breaks on it either. So this month of August, I got it back from the Bike Store in KCK all fixed and ready to ride.









No comments:
Post a Comment