September 1, 2014

Being in a small town certainly has it's perks. I've never known a place that has so many parades, festivals and fun-family stuff going on so often! For Labor Day they closed down one of the main streets (which isn't Main, it's Washington, Main is one more to the north and isn't as busy - I'm sure there's a story to that which I'll try to find out someday - I digress...).
It closed for the Labor Day Races: foot races, three-legged races, potato sack races, bike races, scooter races, and a competition raw egg toss. The kids who participated each got a quarter upon crossing the finish line and were able to use that money to buy pop or candy or other things from a vendor at the city hall - pretty ingenious, right? Mostly it was really fun to see the kids enjoying themselves, getting a small reward for participation and being able to use "their own money" to get something fun to eat. And it was nice to see the family-friendly atmosphere.
Elsie and cousin, Emmy.
Max and cousin, Reed, getting ready for the potato sack race (Max is the one in the green shirt and dark blue hat).
See the lady in pink handing him a quarter.
LOL! I gave the potato sack race a go (and came in last!) It was harder than I thought! I kept thinking that I'd biff it and land flat on my face.
Nate stayed out of this family fun as he wasn't feeling to keen on moving any more than necessary after his car accident.





No comments:
Post a Comment