"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Thursday, August 14, 2014

First day of School

August 14, 2014

Both Elise and Max are in public school this year.  They both wanted to try it out again.  Max is in 7th grade and Elise is in 5th.  They both are at the last year in their respective buildings.  The schools here are set up K-5: elementary, 6-7: middle school; 8-9: junior high; and 10-12: high school.  I LOVE that!  It is similar to how the schools were set up when I went to high school (only in Bartlesville it was 6-8: middle; 9-10: mid-high school; and 11-12: high school).  I liked that because the 9th graders were so separate from the 12th graders but mostly because once you were in 11th and 12th grades the teachers really put an emphasis on getting ready for college, etc.  So, it's nice to have these schools similar to what I knew. 





Elise and our neighbor (who is also in 5th grade) getting off the bus, first day.
    Elise has Mrs. Lehman and Mrs. Hiley as her teachers this year.  Her favorite subjects so far are:

Max has too many different teachers to name, but he is taking some cool classes including Robotics and Green Architecture.  His favorite subjects so far are: Robotics and Art.

No comments: