"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Friday, May 29, 2009

Purging again, "sigh of relief"

Yesterday I took an almost full van to our favorite donation center. Since Jon (my brother) was moving out, about half of the stuff donated was his, but here's what we ended up chucking: * 2 bags of shoes; one kitchen size was mine, the other was wal-mart size of the kids' * 9 bags of clothes; 7 were kitchen size, 2 were lawn bag size, 5 were my families and 4 Jon's (he did good purging) * 3 boxes of junk; 2 mine, 1 Jon's * 2 bags of junk; Jon's * 1 coffee table I didn't mean this as a competition, I was glad we all got rid of so much stuff AND that it's out of my house!!!!! Yay!!! I was going to take a picture, but I was in such a hurry to get rid of the stuff, I forgot, just imagine a mini-van packed half-full of bags and boxes...the kids barely had room for their carseats!

5 comments:

Mamapierce said...

I love the feeling of getting rid of stuff I don't want. It's therapeutic!

The Sanders Family said...

Sounds like you've been busy. I have found that's the best part of moving, you finally get rid of the things you don't really need.

Katie said...

whew! what a great feeling. Do you feel like you can breath better?

Robyn Anderson said...

I need to do the same thing. I start and then think I need the rest. I think I need you to come down and help.

Robyn Anderson said...

I need to do the same thing. I start and then think I need the rest. I think I need you to come down and help.