"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Trees, Turtles, and Trampolines

During Max's last day of school I took Elise to the park. To my delight, I found that she loves to climb trees (used to be a favorite past time of mine and one reason why I like it so much here, there are so many trees). She was keeping up with two friends of hers and got very, very high. Her friend then showed her how to get down, which of course took a lot longer than going up. She did great! Since, Max has been out, we have found a new pet, which we promptly, fed and then let go. And have been putting our trampoline to very good use (with the neighbor's son). The only bummer about the trampoline is that the birds seem to use it as target practice, so everyday the kids and I have to go out and clean it off. Blech! !Max and Elise signing turtle. Max was holding it like a hamburger, I said something about it and Elise opened her mouth pretending to eat it.

5 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

Good thing Elise could climb down - or maybe you wanted to go up and rescue her :)

In your turtle pictures it looks like Max and Elise have the same haircut! Have you seen the turtle since??

Katie said...

Krista, you have beautiful children.

Meg said...

Wow, look how big they are! So cute!

gilchrist said...

Your kids are so big!

Robyn Anderson said...

Good for Elise. Loved the photos of the kids with the turtle.