We were hoping to go to the temple this past Saturday and decided to go whether or not we had a baby sitter (just trade off), when my sister-in-law called saying that they had wanted to go to the temple and that her parent's were going to go with the youth from their ward...would we want to go and have her parent's watch all 6 kids? Definitely!!! So, Mandy, her parent's, the kids and I left Friday morning to head to
Nauvoo, IL. Nate and Trevor followed later that day. Nauvoo was a large part of our church's history - the kids were able to dress up like children from the 1840s and even play a great number of games from that era. We helped to make rope, saw how they made candles, bread, rode in a covered wagon pulled by oxen and a whole lot more.
And of course got to see and go into the beautiful
temple. It was a very fun and relaxing break! We had a really great time and loved being able to hang out with family. The words Nauvoo and temple will bring you to links that tell you more about them. (To get to the one about temples click on "Truth Restored" and you will see "Why Mormons build Temples).
I'm working on getting a slideshow, but it will have to wait 'til another time. So, here are just a few pictures:

4 comments:
Loved hearing about each of your trips. They sounded so fun. I loved seeing the photos and hearing some of the fun things the children said.
I loved reading about your trip to Nauvoo! I had seen some pictures Mandy posted on facebook and noticed your kids in the pictures. How fun for your families to make these memories together! BTW, I LOVE the green and black background on your blog, so cool!
Sounds like great fun - isn't it terrific to be able to just go on a little trip? Looking forward to coming up there...
So glad you got to go! Sounds like a very fun trip.
Post a Comment