"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Activities

We decided to go fishing. We found a pond at a local park and fished away. We all caught lots of weeds and saw a water snake of some kind but each of us caught ONE fish!!! We were all pretty thrilled to catch one and it was nice that no one got left out. Nate was out of town on business the other day and when he came back we gave the kids two really big kites. They are a huge butterfly and an enormous x-wing fighter. We gave it our best try for about a half hour, but never got one flying high. Fortunately we had a really good time and lots of laughs anyway.

3 comments:

Robyn Anderson said...

Both your kite flying and fishing activities sound wonderful. I remember those days. I loved flying kites.
Glad you all had such a great time.
love ya

Eagar Fam said...

Sounds like you had fun. Jon would be jealous of the fishing! We spent our holiday canning salsa (woohoo!)

Eagar Fam said...

Krista, I totally forgot to call you to let you know that we aren't going to be using the condos for next year's reunion. I feel like an idiot, so sorry that I spaced that off. I think my Dad emailed your mom about it, but just in case he didn't I thought I would let you know.

Thanks!