"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Monday, April 4, 2011

Easter stuff

"He Is Risen" banner

White Easter egg and lamb with my other white stuff

There never seem to be many lambs and sheep at Easter anymore.  But I love them and think that they are very appropriate for what Easter truly represents.  Another, less religious reason that I love lambs is probably because when I was 5 or 6, my birthday was on or around Easter and I had a lamb cake sitting on green grass and the lamb was covered with coconut - it was so fun and cute, I loved it!



Wooden Easter ornaments.

3 tier traditional Seiffener pyramid.  My grandmother and mother each had one of these for Christmastime. This is the first one I've seen for Easter. I saw it in the window of a thrift store and had to run in and get it - $5!  When I looked at the Christmas ones online they ran anywhere from $150 to $350, so I'm pretty excited to have something from my childhood, and heritage, at such a great price.  The heat from the candles move the windmill on top, which move the characters around on the bottom and the middle. 


A beautiful sunrise with a "tulip" tree.  


Easter is my favorite holiday for so many reasons.  My birthday often falls around or on it; everything that has been asleep during the winter is starting to come to wake up again; spring showers (or storms) that seem to cleanse the air and brighten the colors are happening often; but of course the best reason is being able to remember the Savior and his sacrifice, then the miracle of "conquer[ing] death".    I made the banner above because I like little sayings that start me thinking of a song.  Isn't the hymn "He Is Risen"so joyful and wonderful?!

1 comment:

Meg said...

Those are really cute decorations. What a find at the thrift store! It's beautiful! Happy Easter and Birthday, too!