"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family." - Thomas S. Monson -

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Broken Dryer - Fixed


 I like hanging clothes on the line outside - it's kind of relaxing.  But after days of hanging our clothes in the basement (because it was freezing outside), I decided that I would look up what was wrong with our dryer and see if I could fix it.  The belt that rotates the drum had snapped!  After looking on-line, it seemed that it wasn't too difficult to fix myself (although it did suggest that you have another person to hold the drum while you attach the belt to it's pulley).  I called around looking for the part and found it for $20.  I brought it home and proceeded to read the instructions which helped me figure out how the pulley works, where I attach the belt and illustrated on nearly half the page how if you install the drum incorrectly, it could start a fire (FREAKY!).  Well, of course, I couldn't install it myself, so I called Nate down and together, we got it all put back together, I think correctly, and it's been working ever since! 
He would rather call a repairman, but I have a great time working on projects with Nate and though I usually do not intentionally start a project with the thought that he could help me finish it, I kind of like it when it happens. 

I should have had one of the kids take pictures of us working on it - I'm just glad it's working! 

4 comments:

Mandy Beyeler said...

you're super woman!

Cody Edwards said...

You are amazing! Paige would have done the same thing ... and I am in Nate's camp of calling a repairman. But good thing we have wives that are talented and resourceful. You guys rock!

Meg said...

Impressive!

J Eastman said...

WOW, WAY TO GO KRISTA!